Monday, April 7, 2008

Comfort Zone

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour as a child. And of course through my teen and young adult life, I tried to live life on my own. I thought I had all the answers. God quickly taught me that it's impossible to live life with out Him. In the last couple of years, I have developed an even closer walk with God. I find my heart longing to be used more of God than before. You see for long I had become comfortable with my Christian walk. I went to church every week, sang on the vocal team, worked a few discipleship walks, you get the picture. But these were all things that were in my comfort zone. In these last two years, even the last few months, I have felt Gods call on my life to adventure outside my comfort zone. I believe that God is calling me into the ministry. I believe that through all of these years of training and preparation, even at the ripe age of 44, that God is ready to use me. I'm ready! I believe that God has called me not only to use the gift of song, but to share from His word and my heart. Please keep Connie and I in your prayers as we take off on this new adventure.

4 comments:

The Liller Family said...

Prayer, love and support are behind you all the way Stevie!!! I'm so excited to see how God uses you, I KNOW it will be AMAZING!!! You know you can call on us anytime you need anything - we're so proud of you!!!

Steven said...

Beth,

Thank you for always being in my corner. You are a great friend. I love your family and will never take for granted your friendship. I'll be praying for you, Shawn and the boys.

Love Ya!
Steve

Mackey Family said...

Wow Steve,
This is so great. You are taking a big leap of faith but with Gods help and direction you and others will be BLESSED! I wish you the best and will be praying for you here in ND. Tammy

Mackey Family said...

Hey you can tell you were raised in my day because I really like Journey,Kansas and Lonestar ..those songs..just like you like.They don't make them songs like they use to.
And I see I am a red dot on your cluster map. Isn't that "cool" Or "It Rocks" I can talk like the teenagers of today HAHA.