Friday, August 1, 2008

Stop and smell the roses


Today I sat down for a few minutes to catch my breath from what has been an extremely busy month. I sat there in my office, just me and the computer. I starred at the blank canvas before me, hoping to write a prophetic word or thought. Instead I found myself thinking how pathetic my life has become lately. How I've allowed work and other project to interfere with my relationship with God, family and friends. I've always thought of myself as a great man of God, a great husband and father to my children, and a pretty good friend. But I have failed. Failed to stop and smell the roses. A very wise man once told me that "When you work for your boss, you should give 110% of yourself for the time required to work. But if you couldn't finish the job, it would be there tomorrow." Wow! Simple words with a hugh meaning. There is only one shot at this game we call life, one and only one. So not taking the time to spend with family, friends and most importantly God is a smart thing to do. Thank you God for opening my eyes. Thank you for telling me to stop and smell the roses.

1 comment:

The Liller Family said...

It's nice to get that eye-opening moment isn't it? I need a few daily reminders - God gets pushed aside in the busyness of life way too often, but it's also nice to know He forgives us - as long as we find out way out of the mess and back to Him!!! ;o)

Welcome back to the blog world - I was beginning to think you had vanished completely!

Love ya Stevie!